Transnet Electrical Engineer, Francis Callard, is expected to continue testifying at the commission of inquiry into allegations of State Capture on Monday morning in Parktown, Johannesburg.
Appearing before the commission last week, Callard said that the business case he prepared for the acquisition of 100 locomotives in 2013 was significantly changed by Transnet executives and Procurement managers to unduly favour China South Rail.
Callard said that he had recommended Mitsui as the preferred supplier, however, the company was removed from the business case and improperly replaced with China South Rail.
Callard said that the changes made to the business case that he had prepared for the approval of Transnet’s Board of Acquisitions and Disposal Committee were misleading.
He said the deviation from the normal procurement processes by confining the acquisition for 100 locomotives to China South Rail was flawed.
Callard said that he became aware of the changes to the document when it was sent back to him for final review by now-suspended Procurement official, Lindiwe Mdletshe.
Click on video below:
The post State Capture to resume on Monday appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..