The Sharks are ready to resume their Super Rugby campaign after a tough Australasian tour which saw them regain some confidence.
They returned last week after losing to the Chiefs but a draw against the Crusaders and win over the Waratahs in their opening game has seen them shoot back up into playoff contention.
They enjoyed a bye last weekend and return to action at home against the Lions this Saturday.
Experienced prop, Coenie Oosthuizen reflects on the tour.
While they have been impressive on the road the Sharks have struggled on their home patch. Four of their six defeats this year have come at the Shark Tank.
Oosthuizen says the tour gave them plenty of time to analyse where they have fallen short this season.
Oosthuizen is expecting a fired up Lions unit at Kings Park, desperate for revenge after the Sharks thumped them 42-5 at Ellis Park last month.
Since then the Lions have enjoyed an upturn in form. They will arrive in Durban off the back of victories over the Waratahas and Highlanders.
Meanwhile, Oosthuizen also spoke openly about his move away from the Sharks at the end of the Super Rugby campaign to English side the Sale Sharks.
It was announced last week that the 30-year-old had agreed a three-year deal with the English Premiership club.
The move will see him link up with current Sharks team mate, Akker van der Merwe. Oosthuizen who has 30 Springbok caps says the decision is part of the plan to broaden his horizons. – Report by Thahir Asmal
The post Sharks plot home revival after bye week appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..