Some of the learners of the Edward Phatudi Comprehensive School in Atteridgeville, west of Pretoria, who were admitted to hospital with suspected food poisoning, have been discharged. The 34 learners, mainly girls in Grade 12, started to feel unwell after eating chicken feet they bought from the school’s tuck shop. More learners are expected to be discharged later on Thursday. A mother of a 14-year-old girl says the school informed her that her daughter was admitted to hospital with abdominal pains.
“She bought food, chicken feet at school only, she got a running stomach and her stomach is cramping. She’s not OK, she has a running stomach and goes to the toilet often,” says the mother.
Watch related video below:
The post Some learners discharged from hospital following alleged food poisoning at Pta school appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..