THE FOLLOWING STORY MIGHT UPSET SENSITIVE READERS
The 20 artists who claim to have been served poisoned food at Elangeni Hotel Sunday have reported the matter to the police. The artists had attended a conference at the hotel and claim they were served food with worms.
In a video, artists are seen vomiting. Others are seen at a local hospital seeking medical attention.
A worm is also seen in food on a plate.
Some claim they had severe stomach cramps after eating at the hotel.
A woman says she was diagnosed with food poisoning.
Artist Thokozani “Tzozo” Zulu says that police are now investigating the incident.
“After the conference, we rushed to the police station to open an inquiry and we’ve been given documents. We hired our own lawyers and the police will investigate. What upsets us the most is that the hotel offered one of our members to go and eat food at the buffet section. That indicated to us that the conference food was different from the rest of the food at the hotel.”
Samantha Croft of Tsogo Sun has refuted the artist’s claims. She says only one worm was found in the food.
She also says a team of experts is busy investigating the matter.
“There was one worm found on a plate at the conference whilst the delegates were having dinner. The delegates called the duty chef who arrived to handle it. It is highly unlikely that the worm found came from the food. We have engaged with two professions that are external that are currently conducting investigations. We’ve also sent the food samples away as well as the worm found.”
All the affected artists have been discharged from hospital.
The post ‘Poisoned’ artists open case against hotel appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..