The organisation, Women & Men Against Child Abuse says it is encouraged that the state seems to be making good progress in its investigation into alleged child abuse at a crèche in Carletonville, west of Johannesburg.
A video showing a woman assaulting toddlers at the pre-school went viral on social media a few months ago.
The woman, Nellie Sinwametsi, as well as the crèche owner, Janine Edwards appeared separately in the Oberholzer Magistrate’s Court on Friday.
Their cases were postponed to later this month.
Women & Men Against Child Abuse Advocacy Manager – Ngaa Murombedzi says they are happy to see the perpetrators being brought to book.
“For us and the mothers, and I think the Carletonville community, it’s encouraging that at least to see that at least they’re starting to make moves on the perpetrators that have previously for the last four months not been arrested, our message is that we also want the videographer to also be arrested because all three of them were aware of the abuse, all three of them sat on the knowledge that they had.”
Click on the video below:
The post State making good progress in Carletonville crèche investigation appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..